13-14 April 2010, Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
This meeting provided an open forum to discuss the state and evolution of professional communications and in particular publishing in Astronomy. The main audience consisted of editors, publishers, librarians, archives managers, officers of learned societies, as well as scientists involved in professional communication, publishing and bibliometric evaluation.
The program included talks on the following topics:
- Publishing: state of the art and trends
- The role of learned societies
- Bibliometric and other evaluation criteria
- Communicating Astronomy with the public and other bodies
- The future of Librarianship
The Colloquium was organized and chaired by Prof. Andre Heck and Dr. Alberto Accomazzi and was a follow-up to the one held in Brussels on June 10-13 2007.